Home Security Services
Our Home security services highlights brings to the growing issues in Security Problems faced by apartment ‘owners.
Security issues in residential
The security issues is at rise in residential condominiums and apartments. Most of this building is running under a Joint Management Body (JMB) or Joint Management Committee (JMC).
The JMC/JMB’s usually hires private property management company to run the administration of the building.
Property Management company hires Security Provider on behalf of the JMB/JMC.
The problem starts with the property management company and JMB that has no experience in hiring a security firm in Malaysia.
Common Home security services Issues in a residential apartments
1. Internal theft
3. stealing water supply
4. outsider intrusion
5. misuse of facilities that leads to crime
6. Car tow agents issues
7. Problematic unit owners
8. Committee member sabotage
9. Stealing things from common area
The Usual Problem Faced by the Building committee today that leads to security issues
1. Security personnel is not performing due to so many factors
a) Untrained guards whether its local guards or Nepal Guards
b) Guard provider without KDN License(serious offence)
c) Security provider’s management with no prior experience in providing security services.
2. Security provider provides illegal guards (Please check their permits) You may think it is alright so long the guards
are performing but please remember that if there is an incident in your building,
the authority has power to summon your management and security provider to court for hiring & accommodating illegals.
3. Property Management not capable to administrate security guards. Most of the building administrator has this issue.
Its important to know what is your guards are doing such as
a) attendance of the guards
b) whether the guards has done patrolling
c) Did they check guards patrol report on a daily basis?
d) Does the building manager and the security manager knows the building Standard Operating Procedure?
4. The JMB/JMC should know their house rules and the rules must protect the owners residing in the building
because many owners have the tendencies to rent their units out to a convicts, thieves and etc.
Some of this tenant could be in prostitution so its important for you to know who are your neighbors.
Make sure that the rules are certain that this tenant obeys the house rules and the management have the right to reject them otherwise.